Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Haiku: Birdsong

bird god of jazz sings
sweet saxophone melody
interpolation

"Bird Lives"
(sculpture of Charlie "Bird" Parker)
by Robert Graham (sculptor), 1999





trumpet solo wails 
tribute honoring yardbird
ultimate birdsong

Trumpet player Maynard Ferguson
Plays my favorite version of 'Birdland'
written homage of Charlie Parker's NY Jazz Club


Carpe Diem #108, Birdsong

I immediately thought of one of my favorite jazz tunes, "Birdland," when I saw today's prompt. So I hope you enjoyed my take on a little birdsong today.





10 comments:

  1. I did !! As long as " Bird' sings, there will be birdsong!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great musician ~ love your haiku take on 'birdsong' ~

    Carol of : A Creative Harbor on Blogger ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderfully different approach to the prompt!

    Silence the Birdsong

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow!musical haiku, both of them lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you read the prompt this way.

    And so chagrined that I didn't.

    This jazz guy bows to you.

    Cheers!
    JzB

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Bird god of jazz..." is a creative vivid introductory image! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nicely written ... I hadn't thought at Jazz ... very well done I like the way you've used our prompt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. clever use of prompt with the first....Do you remember the English band 'The Yardbirds', or are you too young?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful different take on the prompt. Not a big jazzfan myself... But I have seen a few live.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous1/30/2013

    great interpretation.

    ReplyDelete

Praise, constructive criticism, and discussions welcome. Pure negativity and rudeness will not be approved or tolerated.