Sunday, February 3, 2013

Carpe Diem Special #20, Chiyo-ni's The flowering branch of the plum


the bird's privacy
I invade with my camera
her voice doesn't break


no song does she sing
despite my patient waiting
snubbly she looks on

Today's specials are inspired by Chiyo-ni's The flowering branch of the plum. Check out Carpe Diem to learn more about this influential Haiku poet. I was particularly inspired by the common sentiment at the time of her writing 'In regard, to requiting evil with good'.

9 comments:

  1. very cute, the bird certainly knows how to acts pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess she wasn't in the mood to sing then !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The unbroken voice of the bird--it sings in my heart!

    Crushing One Blossom

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautifully written haiku and pretty photo ~

    Carol of (A Creative Harbor) ^_^ on Blogger

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2/04/2013

    I can hear your birds , if not outside my window, then in my soul! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous. I like "invading with my camera" : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snobbish bird
    Thinks its song is too fine
    For Errant photographer

    Cheers!
    JzB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful, I can hear and smell through pictures and words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Touching.... I hope she sang to her own heart's content much later. :-)
    Eliz

    ReplyDelete

Praise, constructive criticism, and discussions welcome. Pure negativity and rudeness will not be approved or tolerated.