Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A to Z Poetry: Interlocking Rhymes

An interlocking rhyme is a rhyme in which a rhyme in a line of one stanza is used as a link to a rhyme in the next stanza: aba; bcb; cdc.


Her heart burns
through the night
as the angry sea churns

Ember tearing bright 
flow down the hills
as trees ignite

Into the ocean she spills
all that she yearns
as the moonlight chills





____________________________
Today's Haiku:

Haiku Heights April A to Z: Incense


Too smoky for me
Burning that incense be
Give it to the birds


Carpe Diem: Scorpio (The Scorpion)

Stinging sharply
In the darkness of night
Keeps you on edge

3 comments:

  1. all 3 offerings here were so good....espec. liked the new (to me) form of interlocking rhyme....Incense burns my eyes and nose too, but I still love the smell...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good haiku on Scorpio

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this also! great poem and thanks for the lesson on interlocking rhymes.

    here's my I: http://smhasty.blogspot.com/2013/04/26-books-that-changed-my-life-9-kimkimi.html

    ReplyDelete

Praise, constructive criticism, and discussions welcome. Pure negativity and rudeness will not be approved or tolerated.